Where Do I Start?
Most of the people today have only heard of Bitcoin but know nothing about it or how it works. Random internet and YouTube searches can leave many even more confused hearing words like “blockchain” and “peer-2-peer” for the first time and having no idea what they mean or what they do. Knowing where to start researching and learning is key to understanding what Bitcoin is and what it does. In this article, we will look at some of the best websites where you can find honest and reliable information about Bitcoin. Please keep in mind before you invest that Bitcoin’s price is very volatile and fluctuates. Like any asset, only invest what you can afford.
- Udemy offers free and paid courses about Bitcoin and how it works. Free courses are video only while the paid courses offer a certificate of completion, instructor Q&A, and direct messaging with an instructor. Their claim is by the end of their course, you will be able to explain what a bitcoin is and why we should care about them along with learning how to mine bitcoin and how to securely store and use them in e-commerce.
- Another popular site that offers free courses about Bitcoin is Coursera. This site has had over 434,000 enrollments and growing. Not only can you learn the basics about bitcoin, they have other courses from major universities that cover everything from smart contracts to blockchain business models.
- CoinDesk is an online magazine dedicated to Bitcoin news, prices, and information along with information about blockchain technology and other digital currencies. They began publishing in May 2013 and has become a staple for investors and traders.
- Cointelegraph was also founded in 2013 and has become a leading independent digital media resource center. They cover a wide range of news on crypto assets, emerging fintech trends, and blockchain technology.
- Blockgeeks’ website has something for everyone interested in Bitcoin. They cover a wide variety of topics related to Bitcoin and blockchain technology. Everything from beginners to developers and security is covered here and holds a wealth of information. Definitely worth a look.
- Founded in 2009 by Tim Chen and Jacob Gibson, Nerdwallet is an American personal finance company that aims to assist users in making personal financial decisions through their website and phone app. Their website has had over 30 million visitors.
- Investopedia is an American based website that provides rich investing and finance education along with reviews, ratings, and various financial products.
- Bitcoin Magazine is a must if you are new to Bitcoin. They have over 5,000 articles on their website covering analysis, research, and education. They also publish original content on their podcasts, email newsletters, and social channels. Plus, they have in-person events like annual Bitcoin conferences.
Bitcoin is a complex piece of technology that can leave many confused. Learning the basics about Bitcoin and blockchain technology before getting involved will help you greatly when first investing.