Gaming With Bitcoin
Online gaming has been big for decades with millions of people playing every day and spending billions of dollars every year. With a smartphone or tablet in hand, you can play online games almost anywhere with an unlimited choice of games to choose from. Most are free to play or offer in-game purchases to advance or acquire special weapons or areas. Thanks to the invention of blockchain technology and Bitcoin, you can earn bitcoins playing games instead of paying to play and they are a lot of fun to play too.
Got some spare time on your hands and want to earn a few satoshis? Bitcoin faucet sites are just like the name suggests, they dispense bitcoin like a faucet for doing simple tasks like answering trivia questions or watching advertisements. The idea is to generate as much traffic to the site as possible to attract paid advertisers. In return, you get paid in bitcoin a portion of the revenue just for showing up and playing. Faucets are also a great way for people to get acquainted with Bitcoin and how it works. Because you don’t have to buy them, people seem to be more willing to experiment with this new digital currency. Bitcoin faucets are fun but don’t expect to get rich playing them. The payouts are very small but who can pass up free money? Here is a shortlist of some of the top faucets.
- Bonusbitcoin has been around since 2015 and is one of the longest-running faucets on the internet. This faucet allows you to claim satoshis every 15 minutes with an average of 100 satoshis an hour.
- Cointiply started up in 2018 and has quickly jumped up the ranks to become one of the top faucets available. They offer multiple ways to claim Bitcoins and pays out an average of 200 satoshis every hour.
- Moon Bitcoin has also been around since 2015. Not only can you claim an average of 10 satoshis every 5 minutes, but this site also allows you to run CPU mining in the background to help increase the payouts.
- BitFun is a faucet that pays satoshis to users for viewing advertisements, playing games, or rolling dice. Payouts are granted once the player has reached a minimum of 10,000 satoshis.
A massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) submerges the user as a role-playing character along with large amounts of other players often set in a fantasy world or science-fiction world. Here is a shortlist of Bitcoin MMORPG game sites where you can pick up some extra bitcoins.
- Spells of Genesis RPG game is one of the longest-running to date. This game is free and based on blockchain technology that lets you collect, trade, and combine orbs to design strong gameplay card decks to test against other players. You can earn bitcoin directly within the game, or you can collect blockchain cards that are real assets that can be stored on the Bitcoin blockchain. If you enjoy RPG games and earning Bitcoin, this game is right up your alley.
- CoinRPG is a fun and simple game where players choose one of two characters to complete tasks and defeat monsters all while roaming the world collecting bitcoins.
- Huntercoin was the first decentralized blockchain strategy games. The main objective is to collect coins found on the map and battle other players. The coins that are found in the game will appear in your wallet just like bitcoin and are stored forever on a decentralized blockchain.
Gambling Games And Betting
Two bitcoins laying down on green poker table and bunch of chips with cards in the background|gold|silver|blue|flush
If you like playing casino games or betting on future events like horse racing or election results, then you are in luck because there are 1,000s of casino and betting sites to choose from that payout real bitcoins. Be cautious and do your homework to find the sites that allow customers from your country. Also, check your local and state regulations to be sure online gambling is legal in your area. With so many to choose from, this list of the more popular sites is just a drop of sand on a beach.
- MyBookie is a North American Las Vegas-style online sports betting site that also features a large range of casino games and virtual slot machines. New customers can receive a 50% matched bonus up to $1,000. This site has been very successful over the past few years and hopes to continue as sports are slowly coming back after the pandemic.
- WildCasino was launched in 2017 and is ranked as one of the best bitcoin online casinos in the US. With a simple yet modern looking interface, it doesn’t take long to navigate and find the games you are looking for. They offer an impressive list of slots and table games including live dealer table games. Their welcome bonus tops out at $5,000 and they accept Bitcoin along with a few other cryptocurrencies.
- The El Royale Casino is a new site that just opened up in 2020 and while the site may seem new, the company operating it is not. This site has sister sites that have been serving players for several years in other countries and has now opened in the US. They have a nice variety of table games along with 178 slots and offer up to a 240% deposit match and 40 free spins for new customers.
- BetOnline is one of the oldest and most trusted online casinos open to US customers. They have been operating since 2001 and can be accessed from any device including mobile phones and tablets. Sign up bonuses for new customers can be as high as $3,000 and they accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. This site not only has over 250 casino games to choose from, but they also offer sports betting and Esport wagers.
Granted these games are fun and easy to access, be cautious of scammers. Research the sites and the games you are interested in and read the reviews to make sure they are legit and carry the correct licenses. Bitcoin and blockchain games are gaining popularity at an incredible rate as Bitcoin’s popularity gets bigger each year. You can rest assured we will continue to see great gaming and entertainment sites running on blockchain technology.